Sunday, March 1, 2015

an exquisite evening

In Florida, it's either sunny or rainy. Yesterday was rainy and people kept away. Some would rather stay inside than navigate on South Florida's roadway. The perils of driving are amplified in a downpour as visibility is lessened yet some drive too slow and constantly braking in front of you or some drive too fast and they're in the next lane so you can't pass the slowpoke in front of you. So many events such as the 5th Annual Mango Writers' Conerence, Fort Lauderdale Artwalk and Poetry Reading at Cinema Paradiso. I started my day at the conference and enjoyed the program especially the tour of the museum. I left about 3:30 pm ( missed the last two speakers) so I can set up for the poetry reading at Cinema Paradiso. There was only a drizzle while I was driving but I could see that Fort Lauderdale had a heavy downpour as the side streets were a swimming pool. Further evidence occurred later that evening when cars screeched as they turned on the side street and sloshed or splashed their way. I had to set up away from any impending splashes. I managed to catch up on some facebook posts and some of the ArtWalk events were canceled due to rain. I also checked my emails and received some cancellations due to rain. Fewer people participated but we read then I stayed and watched the movie "Maps to the Stars" so I had an exquisite evening.

Here's a poem I wrote last week at the Hollywood ArtWalk:

No comments:

Post a Comment