Sunday, January 5, 2020

Welcome 2020!!!


2020 is here! I gave up on making (and keeping) resolutions years ago. I now make goals not just at the start of the year (that would make it a resolution) but throughout the year.  Some of the goals were long-term and took a couple years while others are short-term. Today, in the spirit of 2020 (or hindsight or Monday morning jockey), I want to reflect on my 2019 goals:
  • Finish the Bachelors in Information Technology - I achieved my goal of obtaining the Bachelors in Information Technology in August 2019, I started my goal of obtaining Computer Science training in January 2016;
  • take a tutorial on android programming - started the tutorial on android programming;
  • travel – St. Augustine in January with the festival of lights, resort life on Jamaica’s North Coast in March and saw some Christmas markets in the Netherlands. #mybesttravelsyet

St. Augustine Festival of Lights
St. Augustine's Festival of Lights
 

  • exercise more – I exercised about the same, I even joined the gym and went for two months straight. Not a complete fail as I still walk and track my steps with my Google Fit app; and
  • lose some weight – I lost some weight but gained some weight.
  • Host poetry readings – Hosted poetry readings at Savor Cinema from January to September. Most new poetry that wrote coincidentally was in the same time-frame. I barely wrote any poetry from October to December.


I know why I add “exercise more” and “lose weight” to my goals every year because my doctor scares me when I go for my annual checkup. Doctor has warned me to watch the weight gain as I could move to diabetic so they are added to my goals yearly. I have made some strides such as finding out my food intolerances so not a complete fail.

Also, what are my other goals for 2020:
Use spreadsheets – I started last September with making a spreadsheet to see how I spend and it was informative. I put due dates in so I can pay my bills on time as late fees eat away the budget. Therefore, for 2020 I am going to keep making spreadsheets to track my budget. Another interesting use for the spreadsheet is to track my time (this should also help with the exercise goal.)
coursework – enrolled in another program already so goal is to complete the coursework by June.
Create an Android App – sometime this year, I need to create an android app.
Poetry readings – in addition to hosting, I hope to attend some poetry readings.
Travel – no big plans for 2020 but maybe I can travel to read at some other poetry readings, visit relatives, go to more local events. I went to the Taste of the Track which was nearby and had a marvelous time. I also tried some Paint & Sip workshops and had a blast. Long-term plan for 2021 to save and travel to …
Paint and Sip ArtWork from Broward Art Guild
my acrylic piece from Broward Art Guild Workshop

Those are my goals so far for 2020, I can add more later or adjust as goals work like that. What are your goals (or if you are still into resolutions, what are your resolutions) for 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment