Sunday, January 12, 2020

New Year's Day Impulse Buy

I like fried foods. I like chicken wings, French fries, sweet potato fries.  Unfortunately, this like for fried foods does not help my goal of losing weight or avoiding heartburn. Recently, I have been seeing commercials for air fryers and how much healthier the food prepared in an air fryer than deep fried foods. On New Year’s Day, I was in Kohl's and starting looking at the appliance section. My eyes caught several air fryers then I saw the Bella Air Fryer.


Bella Air Fryer






It seemed simple enough so I bought an air fryer and tried recipes the very next day. I put a couple pieces of seasoned chicken in the air fryer and a couple pieces in the oven. The air fried chicken was so much better and was cooked before the chicken pieces that were placed in the oven.

In the user manual, they had some tips for using the air fryer such as any recipe for deep fryer can be done in an air fryer. I wanted to do sweet potato fries. I bought sweet potatoes, even a device to cut it into fries. Then I made two batches. One batch tossed with 1 tsp garlic salt and two tablespoon oil. The second batch was done following a recipe that I found online but was a bit wary as it included baking soda. I tossed that batch with baking soda, paprika, salt and oil then followed the times suggested in the user manual for sweet potatoes. The first batch was delicious. The second batch looked mushy and muddy so I added it to my compost instead.

I tried zucchini in the air fryer. That manual cutter was way easier to use for the zucchini. 
seasoned zucchini

  













String beans are a breeze in the air fryer so crunchy. I even cooked frozen salmon patties in the air fryer.
my lunch of salmon patty with string bean and zucchini
Salmon with string beans and zucchini
It was an impulse buy on New Year’s Day but I think I love it.

Have you ever impulse shopped? If yes, tell me your adventure!

1 comment: