Saturday, November 7, 2015

Season of Swindle

I guess it's that time of year: swindle time! Why do I say that? Because a couple days ago, I received a strange voicemail from "Sarah Wilson" of the Federal Investigation Department stating that there was an arrest warrant for me and I need to call her back.

Huh! What the ... Wait, what is the "Federal Investigation Department" and arrested for what? I was not calling anyone back. I wanted to call her back and tell her with the year I'm having, jail would be a welcome vacation and I might even have time to finish writing my novels (I have three pending that I have started some time ago). But then I recall the scam where you call back and gets charged so no thanks.

I immediately went to the computer, researched the name and phone number and confirmed it was a scam. I won't print the number here in case it's someone real whose number they're spoofing as my caller ID shows the number 2 different ways and a separate other number.

So far she has left three messages. I thought about adding callblock to my cellphone but there is a cost. I am not paying $1 more on my phone bill to block her so I will keep deleting her voicemail. Maybe it's my imagination but is there a proliferation of scams? Is it just at this time of year? Share your experience with me in the comments. In the meantime, here's a poem:



No comments:

Post a Comment