Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year's Resolution

Resolutions? How many of you made a New Year’s Resolution?
I said I wasn't going to make a list, especially a list of things that eventually left me feeling overwhelmed. How many of us do that? Make a long list that we want to change about ourselves, year after year?
 Last year, my resolution was no more list! Also, since last year, if I wanted to make a change then I incorporated it into my continual self-improvement plan. Even with that concept, I still made one (1) New Year’s Resolution this year: Put it on a schedule.
I always have this idea that I am going to do this, this and this. Then it feels like nothing was done. So now, I put it on a schedule. Then I realize this, this and this can’t be done on the same day. Next I have to choose one. When it’s done, then mission is accomplished.
So did you make a list? Share below in comments your list.

###
POETRY AROUND TOWN 

Poetry Club. South Regional/BC Library Multi-Purpose Room. Monthly, every 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 pm.

Poetry & Spoken Word. Goddess Store n Studio. 2017 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL. Monthly, every 3rd Sunday. 6 pm.

Open mike (music, comedy, poetry). Gigi’s Music Café. 4385 NW 88 Ave. Sunrise, FL. Weekly on Wednesdays at 7 pm.

10th Annual Palm Beach Poetry Festival
When: January 20-25, 2014
http://www.palmbeachpoetryfestival.org/

Some resources for poetry events include poetry.openmikes.org and meetup.com.

###
MY POEM FOR THE WEEK

New Year’s Resolution comes once a year
I always make myself pay so dear
But then my list got me down
Crying like tears from a clown
So the list becomes confetti tossed in the air.


No comments:

Post a Comment