Sunday, January 19, 2014

Brrr...

Winter in Florida = Jackets and shorts!
It was a chilly 40+ degrees when I woke up this morning. It started last Wednesday - a cold front moved in and stayed for a couple days (so it is still here). I spent a couple mornings bundled in bed (when I should be writing). It was chilly enough for me to wear a jacket around town (when I am out and about). Last Wednesday, I arrived late but caught the part where the workshop participants were reading their sea glass poetry and it was varied and beautiful. There are other venues where the workshop will be held, so if you want to go to the workshop


For details, go to http://www.anastasiaclark.com/ .

This week brings the Palm Beach Poetry Festival to town. Their workshops are a bit high for my budget but I plan to attend some of their other events. Are you going to the Palm Beach Poetry Festival? If yes, which events will you attend?
POETRY AROUND TOWN 

Poetry Club. South Regional/BC Library Multi-Purpose Room. Monthly, every 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 pm.


Poetry & Spoken Word. Goddess Store n Studio. 2017 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL. Monthly, every 3rd Sunday. 6 pm.


Open mike (music, comedy, poetry). Gigi’s Music CafĂ©. 4385 NW 88 Ave. Sunrise, FL. Weekly on Wednesdays at 7 pm.


10th Annual Palm Beach Poetry Festival
When: January 20-25, 2014
http://www.palmbeachpoetryfestival.org/

Some resources for poetry events include poetry.openmikes.org and meetup.com.

###
MY POEM FOR THE WEEK

Nothing like a chill to stir the ilk and reverberate: You are Alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment