Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cupcake Contest

oxymoron
—noun, plural ox·y·mo·ra [ok-si-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] 
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.” dictionary.com

Who starts a cake decorating class and a low calorie diet around the same? Well, me because I am an oxymoron. No, I am not any ordinary moron. I've been wanting to learn to decorate cakes so I enrolled in cake decorating class for January (back in December). Then on January 1st, I received an email about a weight loss challenge so I joined it. I gained 5lbs the first week then I started researching lowfat/no sugar/no butter or oils/ no eggs cake recipe. 

I would bring the cookie, cake, cupcakes and cake to their respective class and decorate with icing. I also need to practice decorating so I would bake double the cookie, cake, cupcakes and cake needed. It seem such a waste to toss it after decorating so after class 1 (and practice), I had cookies for days, hence the weight gain. The 2nd class I fared better as I stopped by my mom and shared the cake. The practice one I tossed after realizing although it was low fat, it was still too tempting. After the cupcakes class, I dropped those off at my mom's. After the practice batch, I took those to work. Hah! I lost the 5lbs plus 2 more pounds. After the last class, I dropped off the cake
that I decorated in class. For practice making roses, I decorated some cupcakes. Then I held a cupcake contest for the prettiest decorations. I know that I have to give them away (or my mouth will devour them)
 My original -->

Added some more leaves; isn't it more lovely?
6th place

5th place

Double Rose
4th place

3rd place

2nd place
The rose on this one is perfect
The Winner:
The White Rose
(so I still need more practice with the roses!)

but I just want my eyes to feast on my feat.
I'm going to commemorate with a poem...later.

No comments:

Post a Comment