Sunday, June 16, 2013

tweeting, pleading for likes

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
Margaret Thatcher 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/satisfaction.html#pwW9AdYxdKU2T4AQ.99 


I've been noticing something lately in my twitfeed and DM:
Please like my facebook page at ....
I couldn't comprehend why someone is on Twitter pleading for someone to go to Facebook and "like" their page. Don't they have the discipline to build their Facebook following on Facebook? Why are they annoying us on Twitter? Then I joined Facebook to add more social media to promote my book (last year December to be exact, I've been on Twitter a bit longer). Then I realized that they are smart people.

In Facebook to build audience, you can invite email contacts, invite friends, share page or create an ad.


  1. Invite email contacts - if someone isn't on Facebook, they're not going to join just to like my page. I can recall prior to joining Facebook finding those emails annoying.
  2. Invite friends - Sure enough I invited some of the people on my friend page and some did like my fan page. 
  3. Share - after I write this I'll share...public setting anyway so it's searchable etc.
  4. Create an ad - this one involves money... you can run a campaign based on clicks. 
So, those people in my twitfeed and DM may be annoying but they're smart. They're using Twitter to gain more clicks for their page without having to pay.
Here's my fanpage likes:
So to be equally annoying to you, please like my fanpage at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tortured-Souls/173397456139588

And to thank you, here's a poem I read at the poetry reading yesterday:




No comments:

Post a Comment