Monday, June 10, 2013

Rain


Even if I had to drive through blinding rain
Just to hear you sing
lines from Sing from Adventures in The Courtyard (see Poetry Sampler blog for full poem and publication tab on where to purchase).

In Florida, we drove through the rain for many things this past week, work mostly for me. Tropical storm Andrea dropped a mother load of water, in Hollywood, Florida, teens were rumored to bringing their inner tubes to the streets. Last Thursday evening, police diverted traffic going north on Pine Island Road in Sunrise because of an accident involving motorcycle. The motorcycle was lying on its side on the slick road but there was no person with it so I hoped s/he made it off the motorcycle ok. Asides from that, I spent a lot of time thinking about my rain playlist (yes, I know that I should have been writing but I have several rain poems already). 

This weekend I spent some time going through my cassette collection. Yes, I just gave a tell on my age. Then I converted some of my cassettes to mp3 music so I can listen. Ah, I found a cassette single by Billie Myers called kiss the rain so now that will be added to my current rain playlist:

Here Comes The Rain Again - Eurythmics 
Purple Rain - Prince
Rain - Madonna
It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
Rain Over Me - Pitbull f. Marc Anthony
Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Creedance Clearwater Revival
I Can't Stand the Rain - Tina Turner
It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
kiss the rain - Billie Myers
November Rain - Guns N' Roses
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
Umbrella - Rihanna (so it's not in the title but umbrella does make me think of rain).

That's what in my rain playlist now but I am aware (due to whimsical internet research instead of writing) of a couple more songs (since there are older songs, I will continue checking through my cassette collection before purchasing):
Blame It On the Road - Milli Vanilli (last, scoff but yes, I had this album so I will search through my cassettes...I have found where I have lent out a cassette, have the case but no cassette in it...bummer)
Rain Drops Falling on my Head - Burt Bacharach (doubt I have this one but it's a catchy little tune and I do like show tunes)
Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly? (ditto...Friday afternoon, I was washing my car in the rain, ok I just soaped it and let the rain rinse)
Everytime that It Rains - Garth Brooks (I have never heard this song but I have heard:)
When the Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks (does thunder rolls without rain? maybe! but I like this one and I even remember the cool video)
Can You Stand The Rain? - New Edition (another song that I have to search through the cassettes)
Making Love in the Rain - Janet Jackson (I have several Janet Jackson CDs: Design of a decade, janet and Damita Jo but if the internet said this is one of her songs so I'll list it hesitantly)

SO...What's on your rain playlist? Any of these? More than these? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment