Saturday, April 4, 2015

What Have I Done?

What have I done?
How many times have you said that? I was saying it on the third day of the challenge. I was also saying that I don't want to be a quitter but I am not liking this. I really hate it. I really hate all those people  who started early and posted their achievements and happiness with the outcomes. I was feeling alone until I saw that some people waited for April to do a poem a day. So I stuck it out.

Or it would be my pageantry background needing another hooray. Or my much younger self needing to be a Brownie, Girl Guide or Scout and  finally earning that badge.

Let's be real! I've been entering poetry contests and not even getting much needed feedback. So being accepted as a poetry month scout made me feel proud although I hadn't the foggiest idea about found poetry.

Come day 3 in after the white-out challenge when the white out tape was controlling me and not vice versa, defeat is telling me to quit but I threw up my post although it looked sloppy and not very poetic. After calming down, I started looking at other posts and realized that this could be a learning experience.

So I wanted the challenge and the feel of someone judging that I am worthy of a badge, I'm glad I'm sticking to it to learn something new.

So here's a poem from my latest poetry book where I see poetry in road signs and monuments (share your opinion below):

Kindle edition is available at
http://www.amazon.com/Seventieth-Avenue-Suzzette-Dawes-ebook/dp/B00UY38SCK/

http://www.amazon.com/Seventieth-Avenue-Suzzette-Dawes/dp/1507693621/

No comments:

Post a Comment