Saturday, April 18, 2015

Back Burner

The found poetry challenge definitely has me writing more. I've never done found poetry prior to this month so I'm using prompts from strange places.  It's a mixed bag of feelings: overwhelm, joy, frustration and relief.
Overwhelm - prior to April, I notice some people already posted that they did prep work or started on the badges. I got worried. I couldn't start prior to April 1st and it was overwhelming me.
Joy - I was happy when I saw some other people post that they were waiting for April to start anything. Confidence that it was possible to start and do the project in April.
Frustration - to complete the task within a day with the other things that go on during the day
Relief - when I could throw something up on the site.

I wish I had more time to read what other people wrote and comment on it. Sometimes, I try to read some right after I post. This found poetry challenge fulfills one of my goals which is to write more.

My other goal is to complete some writings that I've already started. With all the new poetry that I am writing, my other writing has been placed on the back burner. Funny, these new prompts have ideas stewing that will help those other writings. Therefore, my new goal starting next month is to finish each of the four projects on the back burner this year by completing one a month. I'm defining "complete" as "finishing the first draft". I plan to finish writing the first draft then just put it down until I complete the other first drafts. Rewrites are still on the horizon though!

So do you make new goals as the year progresses?

If each challenge is an intersection, what direction will you take?






No comments:

Post a Comment