Saturday, September 13, 2014

Word of the Day

Why did I subscribe? I like to tell myself lies such as I would have exercised if it didn't rain; but this time, research is on my side. I have used in the past, the word of the day from dictionary.com as a prompt (back in April for National Poetry Month). I'll admit not all poetry produced was a delight but it got the juices going. Another reason to look at the word of the day is to increase my vocabulary so this time I am using the word of the day from overlymacadamia.com:

Sunday - palabra
Monday - calvous
Tuesday - (skipped)
Wednesday - scaramouch
Thursday - lorn
Friday - rejectamenta

As I peruse these rejectamenta palabras, I dream of partying with that scaramouch, The Mad Hatter, and wonder if wearer of hats really become calvous after a while. Overall, I find these palabras a bit lorn and in need of some modern words. What are other poets doing? One way to find out is to go to some poetry events. So let's go forth and explore some poetry events:


Paradise Live
Seminole HardRock
 5715 Seminole Way, Hollywood FL, 33314
(954) 585-5091

Gulfstream Writers Presents
Autumn Poetry Workshop
Saturday, September 27, 2014
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Hallandale Beach Branch Community Room 2
300 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale, FL 33009, 954-357-6380

Contact
Tasha Watson
954-357-6380

Join us at Cinema Paradiso for Poetry in the Courtyard with sign up starting at 5:30 pm on Saturday, September 27, 2014.

Reading begins at 6:00 pm so bring some poems to read or just sit back, relax and listen to the words flow in the Courtyard.
Hosted by Suzzette Dawes
Cinema Paradiso is located at
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Tell a friend! Bring a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment