Sunday, February 16, 2014

All aboard...

You know they don't really say that. They might tell you not to hold the door and warn you that your fellow passengers might blame you for making the train late. Please stop holding the door so the train can go.
The words "next stop" I could hear clearly but the stop name I could barely make out the words throughout Miami-Dade (Tri-Rail announcer really spoke clearly).
Overall it was fun: driving up to the Tri-Rail station, figuring out how to use ticket machine, tap, get on train, tap, transfer to metrorail, broken "B" on ticket machine, join another queue to pay for Metrorail, tap, then go to Government Ctr stop, then tap and catch the Metromover then stop at Bayfront Park.

The art show was lovely: We actually saw a Picasso (called it from afar) and also a Monet (I recognized the impressionist strokes and I really surprised myself with that one. I guess the Art Appreciation class finally paid off). The prices were vastly more than outside my budget as they were original oil paintings (I'll have to make do with just the posters).

My friend called today "blind leading the blind" since neither one of us had ever ridden the rails in South Florida but we did make it to the art show in Bayfront Park and back without accidentally boarding any wrong trains (directional or otherwise like the Amtrak that shares the tracks), so Yay!

Poem of the Week

Here's to another time in another nation when I rode the rails:






No comments:

Post a Comment