Sunday, December 8, 2013

There

There

I let it all get to my head
Without focusing on the good
And solely focusing on the bad
Then I left it all behind.

In my ears was his chatter
About how it used to be
Constantly complaining
On how it is now
Yet he is still there.

In my eyes was her demeanor
About her mistreatment
Constantly complaining
But needs the benefits for here
So she is still there.

In my heart was their pain
About their sickness
Constantly complaining on getting sicker
Not sure if they can go elsewhere
They are still there.

I didn’t want to be one of them
Trapped with no chance of promotion
Constantly complaining, constantly getting sick
So I left it all behind
And I am no longer there.

From Tortured Souls, Copyrighted 2013 Suzzette Dawes

Where is your "there?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment