Sunday, April 4, 2021

Recognizing Email Scam

My email normally filters out spam but sometimes those scam emails get through.  When the scam emails appear to come from vendors that I use, it can be hard to recognize. I recently received an email and here's how I figured it was a scam:

email scam

Although the sender looked like CVSPharmacyNEWS, the email address was from onliinecvseses@althmedication.info

A lot of cybersecurity expert would also inform of spelling errors and there were a few that I picked up on immediately: "onliine" for "online" and "recieve" for "receive"

Finally, I hovered over the button "Check it out now" and the address that appeared also was not from cvs.

What strange emails have landed in your inbox and how did you determine it was a scam?


No comments:

Post a Comment