Saturday, March 27, 2021

Language is Changing!

 I have often heard that language is changing. I found it to be true when studying for the CompTIA Security + examination. Every industry has its own terminology or jargon. In 2017, I had taken CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam and in the process, learned IT security jargon. Or so I thought! 


Currently, I am preparing for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 and decided to freshen up with some LinkedIn Learning courses, CompTIA CertMaster Practice and practice tests.  It was refreshing to know that I had retained some information but frightening to feel stumped. What do I mean? When the answer selection includes pineapple, pixie dust and POODLE. It made me laugh and thought those were obvious wrong answers.


Well, I was wrong! Those were also right answers as a POODLE is a downgrade attack, pixie dust is a type of attack on WPS protocol for WIFI and a pineapple is another type of attack on WIFI. 


I am only halfway through my review but those stuck out to remind me that there is more to come.


What industry’s jargon give words other meaning?


No comments:

Post a Comment