Sunday, March 22, 2020

Time for projects -- the one with the solar

My driveway is dark at night although I put lights around the house. I decided to add some solar lights at the end of the driveway. Next I went to ebay and bought 30/60/90W LED Solar Street Light Radar PIR Motion Sensor Wall Timing Lamp+Remote

I received the items and proceeded to put together when I noticed that I needed to attach them to something.
to affix them. What to do?

I strolled through Lowes looking for something to affix the solar lights. I saw some wooden fence posts but was too heavy. Next I saw some SteelTek but too expensive. Then I saw some Shelf track and an idea popped into my head. I bought 4.


sign in Lowes


closet thingys


closet thingys close-up


price of closet thingys

Yes, I am feeling inspired but not by your price! Hey, what are you? I could use you - I like your price!

I laid them on the floor in the room and worked out how it would be attached. I would have to fasten these in the ground. I had a bag of cement mix and a shovel. I didn't like that the posts were white as they didn't look good next to the solar.

I went to Home Depot and bought black spray paint. I put the poles on a black garbage bag outside and sprayed. Next day, I flipped over the poles and sprayed the other side.
closet thingys painted black


Plus, I have to keep my mind off certain events of 2020.  This project is to be continued as I still have to get the poles in the ground and the solar lights attached.  I do have a bag of cement mix so I will let you know in another post if it worked.  TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment