Monday, January 2, 2017

Inauguration day -18

I thought I had an original idea that I would dedicate the next several days writing a poem that would be suitable for the inauguration. To my dismay, several poets already have poems since December on 2017inauguralpoem.blogspot.com/2016/12/welcome.html
These poets are very passionate. Tell me how do I compare?
This poem is similar to the "I am" poem but I use "I want"

I want to...

I want to party like when I was young
I want to rejoice and sing the songs that was sung.
I want to orate and hear the crowd applause
I want to tantalize, oh just because...
I want to explain my poor behavior.
I want to set the record and be an anchor.
I want to thank the one percenters with less tax.
I want to tax to the max the middle class.
I want to revoke all health subsidies to the working poor.
I want to umbellate my ideals to the world.
I want to marry and divorce as I please,
I want to preserve family values!

No comments:

Post a Comment