Saturday, December 12, 2015

Time

This past Wednesday I watched a movie FLOWERS (at Cinema Paradiso Hollywood) that made me think about flowers (because of the gorgeous bouquets featured in them), death (impact on others) and time (how spent by the characters). It was interesting how the story unfolded and we discussed after watching the movie then looking up a review to compare with our findings. 

Time is an interesting topic and I've battled with the topic in my poetry on various occasions:

In The Collection, "I’m drifting through time" where high school friends are memories then college friends are happening. Next graduation and college friends will become memories and who knows about the workplace.

A bad work experience leaves me with "Nothing But Time" in Tortured Souls which occurred after failing to navigate workplace politics, culture and colorful characters.
In Adventures In The Courtyard, time is an undertone and more subtle as in pausing to admire the various blooms such as "Hibiscus" while fear of running out of time sets the tone of "Detour" in Seventieth Avenue.

I think at some point everyone thinks about time so here are the poems:



No comments:

Post a Comment