Saturday, June 6, 2015

Ft Lauderdale Art Walk

It was the last Saturday in June and this mouse had enough of the house. She called up her friend and to the Art Walk they went and boy oh boy, how things change in a year!

I hadn't been to the Ft Lauderdale Art Walk since last year so it was surprising to me how much it had grown. Fat Village had music screaming through almost every door and food trucks galore. Did I mention the garden of tents with vendors of various wares? T-shirts with Gogh's "Starry Night" to jewelry to organic fruit root drinks. I was glad to see it grow although I could do without the people who have to take their dogs everywhere. I only saw one dog with a service dog vest so I can't understand the need to take a pooch to a crowded place.

Oh and there was plenty of art to behold. My favorite was Mishu whose artwork is do appropriate to this election propaganda. It was funny with Bush quotes in the backdrop with a outline of a curvaceous woman with bush in display. I am in love with a baby grand piano from sixth star. My upright would be so jealous.

Then I drove over to Flagler Village because we couldn't figure out where the trolley stopped in Fats Village. Did I mention there were so many people?
Fats Village Garden of Tents

Flagler Village is what Fats Village looked like last year. A couple studios here and there. Music was only emanating from one place. I think Flager's Village best kept secret is S Leyden. I fell in love with her "Moon over Beach" but where would I put it? My living room is full. If I bought another piece, I'd need to build a wall in my living wall to fully display my pieces. I don't care if it's just a poster but Gogh's "Starry Night" stays! 

Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! "Moon over Beach," I will dream of you.

Since the moon rising, reflecting off the water is my favorite, here's a poem inspired by sunrise:




No comments:

Post a Comment