Saturday, June 21, 2014

Zapped

Somewhere between the sky crying down on the earth, somewhere between the sound of thunder and frightful light show called lightening, these afternoon thunderstorms have made my once browning grass green and lush and tall. So tall I grabbed the mower one evening after work and mowed but stopped when the rain drops started trickling down because before long it will turn to a downpour with a swimming pool right at my door.

Then comes Saturday and I had promised myself to do some reading at least once a week. At least once a week to search through the venues of mostly Broward and read at some poetry event. However the rain beating down on the roof has me transfixed and I can't even move. My energy has been zapped!

So here's a snapshot of poetry event for next week (courtesy of http://poetry.openmikes.org/calendar/)

Maybe I'll see you there (or here next week).  Until we meet again, here's a poem where rain can't get in our way:


No comments:

Post a Comment