Saturday, July 6, 2013

poetry readings...

I've been hitting the road, visiting a few venues, provided I don't go home first and fall asleep.
Case in point: last two Fridays (you think that I would have learned by now), I planned to go read but I went home first. The first of the two Fridays was because I left my poetry home. Yesterday, I was tired because the night before I didn't sleep much as it was Independence night and the fireworks were going off into the wee hours. Thankfully, it began to rain and the revellers stopped the fireworks. I guess a lot of people didn't have to go to work on Friday. So I had packed my poetry with me so I didn't have to go home but to hang out until 8 pm was a bit much so I went home and never came back out.

On the bright side, I did accomplish my goal of going to one poetry reading this week. (Yes, I would to increase the frequency so I can promote my poetry more.) I went to the Funky Buddha Lounge for their All Art Open Mic on Wednesday night and read three of my poems from The Collection: "Running from Love," "Hear My Cry," and "Nothing but Time." I got up and read after 2 comedians then there were more comedians, musical act (great group) another poet (spoke from the heart) and more comedians...It went deep into the night but I was tired and left before the end of the show. Considering the crowd, I am proud that I went up and read!

Poem for the Week
I didn't give them hell but for you and Tracy:


Check out  https://sites.google.com/site/poemsbysuzzette/ for Poetry in the News

No comments:

Post a Comment